There are lots of features to discover on BeeBole Timesheet, but these are the first steps you should take to learn your way around the dashboard.
Configuring Activities and Inviting Users
- If you’re not already on your home page, click the icon in the top left corner to go there.
- In the “Add a Company” module, enter the name of a customer or client and click “Add”. Your company already exists in the account and does not need to be added. Note that not all of BeeBole’s users track their time by customer, and you can get creative with this module to categorize your time in a way that makes the most sense for your business.
- Adding a company will bring you to that customer’s page, where you will find the “Projects” module. Click “Add New Project” as many times as you need to add the projects for that specific customer. If you click “display” it will bring you to the page for that project, , where you can also add sub-projects.
- Click “Settings” in the top right of the page and locate the “Tasks” module on the right side of the page.
- Tasks will appear across all customers and projects, so they should be generic activities. The tasks “Administration”, “Meetings”, and “Research” exist automatically. Click “Add new task” as many times as you need to create more tasks.
- To invite team members to BeeBole, go to the home page and locate the “Add a person” module.
- Enter the person’s name and click “Add”. You will be taken to the page for that person, where you can edit various settings.
- Under “User Details” enter the person’s email address, select their user group, and click “Send invitation by email”. This person will receive an email invitation with a link to start using BeeBole.
Tracking, Submitting, and Approving Time
- Go to your homepage and locate the “Timesheet” module.
- Click “Add a row” and select the project you want to track time for from the drop down menu labeled “record your time on” or begin typing the project name and it will appear.
- Choose a task from the second drop down list that appears.
- Enter the amount of time you want to track for the chosen project and task. All entries and changes are saved automatically, but both a project and a task must be selected.
- If you prefer to use the timer, switch to the daily view in the top right corner of the module. A start/stop button will appear for each row.
- In the daily view you will see a field for additional comments for each activity. In the weekly view, you can leave comments by hovering over the field for hours. A yellow post-it icon will appear.
- An employee can submit hours for approval for a given day, week, or month by clicking the "send for approval" button.
- The approval module is available by default for Team Leaders, Project Managers, and Administrators. You can approve or reject hours for a single person, group of people, whole projects, etc. by checking the boxes on the left hand side.
- From the approval module hours can also be locked and unlocked, reminders can be sent, and rates and costs can be modified.
Voila! Now that you know how to organize and track time, you can try other features like using charts and reports.
If you are a manager, take a look at our guide "6 Steps for Successfully Onboarding Your Team to Start Time Tracking". These best practices are essential for effective and productive time tracking!